Friday 30 August 2013

LIFE UPDATE: Croft Sessions & Wino Janoski Pickup

Wow! It's been a very long while. I hate to use the old jaded excuse, but I've been so busy lately to even begin to start putting pen to paper (Is that outdated now?) fingers to... keys? It's just coming to 8am now, I arrived home about 45 minutes ago after Charlotte heading off to Paris so I have some time to kill before my day officially "begins" so here we go.

Filming

In the past 2 years; I'd like to think Croft Sessions has really took off. Since my last blog post, so many things have happened! The first main thing is that we finally have an active running website. I made it from scratch with Photoshop & Notepad++. As of now; the website is fairly primitive. It's more of a gallery at the moment - with extended write ups for each artist. I love it; it's simple and efficient. Also, check out our randomizer! (This is what I'm most proud of).


We've also hit a massive 20 sessions, with 52 individual songs on our YouTube page. As of writing this, we're actually at 24, yet to be released! For #20, Chris and I rode up to Leeds to film The Coopers - an energetic and very friendly band who made the best biscuits I've ever had. It was my first time in Leeds and I loved it; I wanted more time to explore and ahem shop. We rung around in some coffee shops - Laynes Espresso and Mrs Athas where I met sneaker legend and all-round nice guy Warren Jones. I'm planning to head to Leeds again later this month, so that should be nice.

In other Croft Session news; Chris was lucky enough to head to Green Man & 2000 Trees this year; where he captured so many great stuff. I'm gutted I was trapped at work, but I'm incredibly humbled and proud of the work he's done for the project.

I'll be joining him at Moseley Folk Festival this weekend - continuing with SoFar sounds that was last night in Birmingham! We filmed for Songs From A Room again in a lovely garden in Moseley. Talent played as the sun set in a wonderful atmosphere and it was just great. It's so nice to be surrounded by so many people with mutual aspirations & interests. I'd definitely recommend going to a SoFar show if there's ever one by you.

Pickups:
Nike SB Stefan Janoski Wino / Terra Brown
I finally got what I consider to be one of my grails - The Wino Janoski. I've been looking for these for so long it's unbelievable. It's ridiculous how hard it was to get these shipped to the UK for a decent price (a little over retail + shipping!). These came from a nice guy in Thailand from N-SB.org - I'd recommend that website for sneakers if you're hesitant on Facebook groups. I think I prefer these over the Digi Floral Janoski. Safe to say that I'll be taking extra care of these.

Going on from that, apparently I'm into sneakers now? My "collection" is minuscule compared to those I know - considering that a year ago I was the type of person to buy and wear one pair at a time for months on end, I've branched out a bit. At the moment, I have a few Janoski, Jordan 4, Roshe & Air Max 1's - I'm looking to branch out to Asics, New Balance and maybe some Saucony's in the coming weeks, though.

On the Supreme front; I picked up a 2012 Comme Des Garcons x Supreme Polka dot Pullover for little over retail - another Supreme 'grail'. I think that's me mostly done with Supreme for a while - the new season and characteristics of the community treating the brand like a religion is irritating, So I'd only really look for older 'preme.

- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment