Tuesday 26 March 2013

nike digital floral stefan janoski pickup

Digi Floral Stefan Janoski

I've been waiting for these since the design was leaked a few months ago; expecting an exclusive release - they landed in the UK last Friday, I managed to pickup a pair from Prime Delux before the availability switched to 'In Store Only'.

The Digi variation of the full camouflage print has been seen as an alternative to Supreme's Power, Corruptuon & Lies Vans. The Supreme PCL retailed at around £114, with resell from £150+; this pair of Janoski however, retail from £65.

They are very nice in person. I loved the design from the leak; however the official capsule image made me skeptical. But good thing is that they're a helluva lot nicer in person. What did disappoint me was that the shoes come with 2 pairs of black laces - if it were me, I'd have offered white as a variation. Looks Like I'll have to pick some up off eBay.

Digi Floral Stefan Janoski - another view

It does seem to me that the 'digitalisation' of these full prints - floral, camo, leopard (soon?) are an attempt to rehash a trend that has been ongoing for at least a good 2 years now. While I do think that a bit of originality in print is necessary - the digital variations are a good step towards that; whilst maintaining a reflection of the current digital age we're currently in.

I believe these drop in the US next month.

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for these since the design was leaked a few months ago; expecting an exclusive release - they landed in the UK last Friday, ... njanoski.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete