Thursday 10 January 2013

Moving Forward

"New year, new me!"

Perhaps, I've seen nothing but absolute disgust for this phrase through social networking platforms and the like. I agree with the instance that you perhaps don't need the turn of a new year to better parts of yourself, but then again I disagree that you need to be cynical against one who is willing to do it. It's my optimistic nature talking; but I think it can be a good thing to use the new year as a time to change yourselves. A lot of humans work better under time frames - think of school and college; how much work did you do when you knew the deadline was tomorrow? That surge of motivation knowing you have a time frame to adhere to did wonders to your work, so what's the difference?

I've been feeling so motivated lately, I love it. I like feeling active and knowing I want to stay active and stay productive. I've been using progressive steps instead of dumping everything at once, I know that overloading will just force me to slump back and forget it all - so, every day I've made a list of things to do that day. Some small, some bigger. As time goes on, I'm hoping to obliterate the idea of making a list and doing said things on autopilot (having a list couldn't hurt though, eh?)

Until the 15th, my absolute priority is UCAS. It's pretty much 90% done - I have a reference on the way and need to finalise my decisions. After the 15th, I'm going to set my priorities to Croft Sessions. Namely getting that website finished, contacting a shitload of people, pushing more marketing and really fine-tuning the whole project.

January is looking to be a pretty good month, Work is going pretty well; David's finally had his baby (congratulations!); I'm in the longest relationship I've ever been in and couldn't be happier. I'm heading to London at the end of the month for a few days with Charlotte and get paid half a week after that. So all in all, pretty damn good month!

Next payday, I plan to pickup a few clothes, NFC tags, spend money on marketing and we'll take it from there.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be getting ready for work and having lunch, see ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment