Wednesday 14 November 2012

diamond supply og crewneck pickup

This morning, something I've been looking forward to arrived today; the Diamond Supply OG Sign 2 Crewneck:

Diamond Supply Co. OG Sign 2 Crewneck

The design of this basically does what it says on the tin. The simple crewneck features the original Diamond Supply Co. logo in a patch on your top left chest, as well as an outline of a Diamond on the lower-opposing sleeve, it's (scarcely) available in both black and grey colourways, I opted for the black because I felt it looked more simple and relaxed in a darker colour. I tried it on earlier, and it is honestly the warmest thing I have ever worn, (80% Cotton, 20% Polyester) with winter rapidly approaching this is going to keep me ridiculously snug, this could be partially due to the fit also. I brought it in a size M, though it fits slightly bigger - not quite a large, but just past a medium. Either way, it's going to keep me snug.

I do have a good relationship with Diamond Supply Co.; as with any brand, I definitely prefer the more simplistic and minimalist designs when it comes to clothing and clothing prints; which explains my uncertainty with Mishka - I like the clothes, but on other people. Personally, I don't like wearing gear with complex and extravagant designs, I'd like them on other people and may even like the design themselves, but it's not my style to wear it. 

From lurking boards online, I think the general consensus in the United States is that Diamond Supply is currently suffering the same fate as Obey, Trainspotter etc.. are suffering in the England; by being stocked in 'mainstream' malls and worn by 'hypebeasts'. I don't think this is the case for Diamond in England, however. One thing I've discovered as being very important in this clothing scene is that authenticity is everything, and that the authenticity is definitely not limited to the clothes. but how you represent yourself, as well.

Anyway, I'm currently eating BBQ noodles and getting ready for work so I'll end here. It isn't my intention to have this blog primarily be a "hey world look what Jon brought today!" page, so expect some life~ posts and whatnot in the future.

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment